Saturday, October 18, 2014

Walnuts Saturday

Today Paul helped James pick up walnuts for thirteen cents a pound. I helped a little. I sewed Jeremiah's bib overalls' suspender straps -- they were lengthened because he is growing, that is a good thing.

The Philips kids were at Grandma and Grandpa Tobies Thursday and Friday because Esther was in Hospital.  

Esther is very sick with multiple kidney stones. She had one taken out and has 5 more awaiting exit in her kidney.  A lot of pain. I promised Leah Grace, Esther's daughter, I'd come again on Monday at 2:00 and we'd paint. Leah really likes all the colors, that is, Leah Grace. I'll have to call "big" (or Grandma) Leah and tell her I promised Leah Grace I'd (or we'd) be down Monday.

I gave Esther a couple of compositions of blue flowers. Leah Grace did the dippy dots.  that is the centers of the flowers, she painted them with the tip of the handle on the paintbrush.  I also gave them a card for Philip from Paul and I.

Leah was (Grandma) gone today doing religious duty of picking bishop and having communion.
Tomorrow is Philip's birthday.  She called 3 x this a.m. and invited us over to help James.

Sarah was cleaning, Saturday cleaning.

My birthday is about 4 days after James' birthday, in November.  His is 11/19 and mine is 11/24. 

No comments:

Post a Comment