Seems like a lot of people I know are very sick. I will list a few.
1) Relative, female, with knee replacement, in and out of hospital 2-3 x last month.
2) Relative, male, with back surgery fallout from Nov. with numb leg, recovered feeling in leg, etc. still undergoing diagnostic tests.
3) Friend, female, whom I've known 30 years, in psych unit for about 7-10 days so far, looking at protracted stay of 60 days.
4) Friend, male, outdoors a lot (puts together chimneys for work), with pneumonia.
These come to mind.
Then, a friend's daughter just succumbed to breast cancer about 2 weeks ago.
Next, Paul, my husband's brother Dale died of leukemia and heart issues.
So, a lot of people around me are not rejoicing this Christmas. Thank God for the computer and FB. I've been posting prayer requests and getting answers right away on FB Circle of Prayer.
I decided NOT to go to Empire Beauty School (& waste their time and mine).
I decided to try the Kal Expo Tuesday Farm/flea mkt. 8-2, take Wed. off, it's 15 for one day and 20 for 2 days. I have appt on Wed a.m. but maybe I could push it to Friday.
These Holidays, you love em or you hate em. I'd hate to be an employer, seems like 3 lost weeks when nothing gets done because many days off, sickness, parties, buffets in the breakroom, etc., people take time off to shop and meet with relatives, their mind is NOT at work a lot of the time.
I have to admit I do miss a few of the amenities we had working in doctors' offices, free food. What I don't miss is not being able to go anywhere 8 hours a day without permission, -- like prison.
Paul is cutting something with his saw right now. We went to B&G in Schoolcraft and bought drain catch, bag clips, 3 paintbrushes, Paul bought screws, hinges, and a sander belt that was too big for his sander, all that for 5.00.
No comments:
Post a Comment