Sunday, April 21, 2013

Proof of Heaven week

Had fun showing Spencerian penmanship to Amish kids in one room schoolhouse last week Friday.  Paul is depressed today.  He did not go to church with me.  It is cold out but sunny.  I returned 2 books I borrowed from library for Leah and Toby:  Beyond Death's Door by Maurice Rawlings MD and "Proof of Heaven".  I did not read the 2nd book, it made not mention of Jesus.  Beyond is written by Christian, Proof is written by a sincere neurologist who doesn't have faith in Christ (yet).

Paul is munching on Tortilla chips and jalepeno cheese, I think he is cheering up somewhat.  Tomorrow is supposed to go up to 60 degrees.  Paul is bummed out about losing his drivers license due to mild cataracts that are too mild to be surgical at this point, and he is bummed about a lot of things.  He did not go to church with me today.  We did go to the flea market together yesterday and to Toby's.  Paul and Dale talked for about 10-15 minutes about engines and stuff.  Dale was the vendor next to me last weekend.

Paul and I test-drove a Buick Lacrosse 07 about 2 weeks ago, did the credit thing at the dealership and at the C.U. and got turned down.  They made me offer at dealership 255 month, but would not give me interest or time period.  Sure 255 a month for 7 years, righto, I told them to keep their so called offer.

I had made 200 business cards 2 weeks ago of Spencerian painting for 25.00, not bad.  I got JPEGs of my artwork a few days ago from Office Max, a few dollars, maybe 2.00, of the penmanship paintings Arise and others.  I did of my Chinese paintings also a week ago at Office Max, which is the only place I'll go cuz Office Depot will only give me PDFs not JPEGs.

I returned those 2 books to Library, no fine.

I did "Arise my Soul Arise" , as pictured above, one week ago in pointed pen Spencerian penmanship with Oblique holder and Nikko-G nib.  I talked to Michael as I did it and did not make mistake, but didn't quite add Charles Wesley's name as author.  It is in brown ink which I made according to Michael Sull's recipe of 10 parts vermillion sumi ink to one part (or a little bit) of black Higgins Eternal ink.  I really like the brown ink. But I have to do color copies of it.  I did it on Amish paper, I did not paint the flowers, the Miller girls did.  I did paint the bird flourish in brown ink.

3 comments:

  1. When I say I talked to Michael, he was a customer, not Michael Sull, whom I mention in the next sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the opposites color on Arise, brown and purple. I did not paint the border flowers, but yes, I did do the bird flourishes and the penmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so glad to get the JPEG of Arise from Office Max because it was my best piece of penmanship so far, I think, with shaded letters and consistency. I like the colors of brown with purple. I'd like to go to Kuntry Kupboard (ironically run by 2 schoolteachers) in Sturgis and get somemore Miller's Enterprises stationary. It's made by the Amish.

    ReplyDelete