I started my Chinese/Japanese Calligraphy class at the KIA this week, was good but it did kick my butt. Hey I am soooo glad I took my pointed pen satchel to KIA w me with bottled ink, we used bottled, not stick ink. I was afraid she would make us grind ink for 1/2 the class. She showed us 2 videos about Chinese language and characters, she taught us how to hold up the brush, she (Yin) had us go around and tell why we took the class and what we planned on getting out of it. She, the teacher teaches at K-College, WMU and KIA. She majored in calligraphy at University and went to Japan for a couple of years also.
The supplies are cheap. Paper is 6.00 and brush is 5.00, I have ink already. We are supposed to pick one or two characters and then make composition with them. We can add little paintings on them if we like. I like.
Sarah was using her pen and ink kit I left her when I went down to T&L in Mendon last Thursday. Today is Sunday. I went to Denny's with Paul instead of church. It was freezing rain outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment